Thursday, May 19, 2011

Suitable suits suiting you.

Ok guys it's crunch time.....
It's almost summer, you need to look stylish and wear a suit that will keep you cool, and look cool. We are going to start with the basics of course, Sizing.

Ok, here you can see what your "suggested" suit size is. You want to leave some room for your cuffs, and you want to make sure your blazer is taken in to fit your body size. A slim suit is the best fitting suit if you are slim or have some tone to your body(no homo). We got the accessories out of the way so now I will be moving along to just blazers and trousers. What makes a good suit, and what you want for the hot summer days.

One of my staples is always going to be, A.P.C.
Here we go with an nice breathable lined suit

Lightweight, dope shoes that I featured already, and an awesome linen suit you can wear.
Less than 600.00

"Ralph Lauren Black Label"

This suit is of the highest quality, this one is little bit on the more expensive side, but I love the structure of this suit, and not much tailoring needed to be done to the suit. If the does arise, Ralph will do it in house! The best thing about Ralph Lauren, if you call the Mansion location, they will come and pick you up from your house, anywhere in the city! How boss is that? A little costly, Black Label ranges from 1400-5000.

"Raf Simons fitted suit"

So chic, so trendy, this is what celebs wear when they go out on the town. I love the complexity of the fabric, and how finely made this suit is! Light, but it does have shoulders pads, the only downfall of shoulder pads it tends to get super hot. 750-2000

Givenchy Lightweight Cotton suit"

Great for summer, and best suit to not break a sweat in, especially being a black suit.
Runs you about 400-2000

Alright for actual suits, that's all I have for right now. In the meantime, find some suits that stand out for you, and which ones you feel the most comfortable in. Try them on, feel the fabric, ask a tailor about pricing of alterations, look for good shoe options, cufflinks, belts and shirts. Don't worry friends, I will get into shoes, shirts, watches, and some alterations tips tomorrow. As usual, Til' tomorrow!- Shadow

35 comments:

Watchtower Corp. said...

This are too skinny for me , but they are indeed quite elegant and modern at the same time

R. Mot said...

Those are some nice suits. I really like the Ralph Lauren Black Label.

GhostDude said...

Thank you for the chart, been trying to look for a good one.
I want to have a suit like the Ralph Lauren one. I am a slim guy and I want to look good in a suit.
Not one of those box looking suits.

fpotd said...

Good fitting guide!

wellpickedbooger said...

I love a man in a nice looking suit! If I were a guy, I'd wear the black cotton one.

RageCompeX said...

that suit will suit me..suit..

Blogging Skater said...

very helpful and easy to follow chart, thanks

jamiesaur said...

Suit up!

Things on my wishlist said...

Nice style, I don't think I can quite pull off a suite just yet.

PaulBlark said...

Every suit I own and have worn has fit differently. I need to find a bomb ass tailor and stick with him! Great styles in the pics tho for reference! Thanks!

PaulPolish said...

I'm a skinny kinda guy so these suits looked perfectly tailored for me!

bruno said...

I'll try to follow the chart

Fortune said...

I have about 3 Tommy H suits, 38R reporting in.

The Suit said...

I have kind of a weird body type. If I buy a suit, it almost always looks bad until I get it tailored. Then I look pretty dashing if I do say so myself.

CollinBeloin said...

Having conflicting likes with the first guys picture...The coat should be 1/2" shorter than the under shirts sleeve so your button up should be hanging out of your coat just a little bit like the second model.

DUKE SAMSON said...

i could use a sharp looking suit, saved that image graph :)

FrostyC said...

I always get a suit that's a bit too big for me, so it's loose & I can move freely.

Also, I have a think for khaki. Black suits are usually just so plain.

SeanExact said...

Swag!

Jesse Crows said...

make a guide for girls haha

Garret said...

At first I was like; I don't want to wear a suit in the summer:(
But then I was like; Awesome suits!

cheshire said...

I want a nice suit :(

James said...

I would like a suit like this if I was that thin!

brn said...

dude, i don't have that much money to spend on suits! D:
but boy do these look fancy!!

Kamatacci said...

I just bought a very nice Kenneth Cole suit.

Btw, I'm 6'5 and needed a 52L

Moobeat said...

awesome post

JayPower said...

Damn this suit is fre$h as hell ;D

Skaerf said...

APC is the motherfucking shit. Just was looking into a suit for the summer, thx ;D

Radux said...

sadly i don't fit in these standard suits.

Francis Caron said...

at 5`7 I thought I was short, but noticed I'm regular ... oh!

amBored said...

like Barney says: "suit up" yeah I love suits what an ego booster +followed

Volturno Caravaggio said...

These clothes are very elegant. I'd buy them if I was fitter.

Crooked Letter said...

the one i use atm is tailor-fitted, but ill use this maybe when buying a new suit!

following

Rumiko said...

Oh nice, I've got to show that table to my boyfriend! Thanks a lot for sharing.

Carles said...

like bartney stinson said.... suit up!

BoBo C. Tiberius said...

I once heard a wiseman say if I can't see your sleeve cuff, your suit doesn't fit. Glad to see another guy follow this rule.